How do I register for Smart India Hackathon 2017?
The registration process is pretty simple. All you need to do is…
- Visit www.mygov.in
- For Registration on MyGov, Click on Register.(https://www.mygov.in/user/register/)
- Fill the required detail in the account creation form. Click on “Create new account” button after filling all the details:
- Full Name – Enter the full name.
- Email – Enter email id by which user want to create the account.
- Country – Select country from the drop down.
- Mobile Number – Enter the mobile number without country code. Mobile number is not a required field and system sends different OTP to email and mobile while registration.
- Complete Registration using OTP (One Time Password) sent on email id– This OTP would be valid only for five minutes. If user has not got OTP, then option of resending OTP is auto generated after 60 seconds. Enter the OTP in the present textbox…to complete verification process.
- Bingo! You are now ready to submit THREE team entries from your institute/college.
- Visit: https://innovate.mygov.in/sih2017/
- Select Problem statement and Submit your concept.
How should we form a team?
- A maximum of 3 teams per college/ institute can participate.
- All team members should be from same college; no inter-college teams are allowed. However, members from different branches of the same college/ institute can form a team.
- Each team would comprise of 6 members with at least 1 female member. An all-female team is perfect too! For the submission opened for specific problem statements from Feb 04-13, we have relaxed the condition of having minimum one female participant in the team.
- All members MUST be well versed with programming skills.
- Colleges must issue a letter on their letterhead stating the names of the team and team members.
- The team leader’s name should be clearly specified in the letter.
- Clearly communicate the email-ids and mobile numbers of all team members as well.
- The letter should bear the seal of the college/ institute along with signature of the principal.
- A scanned copy of this letter in PDF form is to be mandatorily submitted during online application process.
- After teams are shortlisted, each team will be assigned 2 mentors from the industry to guide them during the hackathon; they will augment the team.
How do we submit our idea?
Please note: Idea submission must be made by team leader of a team only.
- One team can submit ONLY One Idea.
- Submission dates should be strictly followed. No exceptions will be made.
- Participants should upload their submission on innovate.mygov.in/sih2017/ in a PDF file in the prescribed PPT format available on innovate.mygov.in
- After login, fill in all the required details for submission of the idea.
- Entries to be sent only in the prescribed format; otherwise they are bound to get rejected.
- Upload PDF file of the PPT in the prescribed format, stating the idea and letter from the college (as stated above) to complete the application process.
- Team may upload a revised PDF file of the PPT for their ideas a day prior to the last day of idea submission. Requests for changes in the Ideas post the cut off date shall not be entertained. Teams will not be able to edit any team details once the team information is saved.
What is a selection criteria?
- Evaluation criteria will include novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format, feasibility, practicability, sustainability, scale of impact, user experience and potential for future work progression.
- Preferences will be given to entries from North east while selecting between two similar ideas.
When/where will the shortlisted ideas be announced?
- Notification about selected teams will be sent to their respective nodal center
- Keep a track of all announcements and updates on innovate.mygov.in
- Be available for meetings and training during the preparation phase; will be notified in advance
General information regarding the Grand Finale
- If a team is selected for the final Hackathon, members will need to travel to the assigned center which can be anywhere in India.
- Selected teams will be allowed to have 2 seniors as mentors. Mentors can be professors/teachers/ experienced professionals from industry. On selection, total team size will be (6+2) excluding the one who promotes your team on the social media.
- Each college/institute will be responsible for the travel and accommodation of their teams for the finale.
- Each college/institute will issue a stamped photo ID to each member of the teams selected. The prescribed format will be available on innovate.mygov.in
- College photo ID is mandatory for participating in the finale.
What are the prizes to be won?
- Prizes for the top winners under different categories are
- 1st prize – Rs.1,00,000/-
- 1st runner up – Rs.75,000/-
- 2nd runner up – Rs.50,000/-
- Intellectual property (IP) of the idea would belong to the college/institute and the team members jointly. However, team members will make their product available for free for the government institution for which they are working.
- Selected ideas need to be further developed so that they can be productized before the government institution(s) will be able to utilize it; more efforts beyond the finale are required from the selected teams thereafter.
For any queries please contact: idea[at]i4c[dot]co[dot]in