Very Important: Our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, envisages a Digital India to bridge the digital divide in our country and further promote digital literacy in order to make development a comprehensive mass movement and put governance within everyone’s reach in India. In order to work towards our PM’s vision, MHRD, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovation Center (i4C), and Persistent Systems organized Smart India Hackathon 2017, a unique initiative to identify new and disruptive digital technology innovations for solving the challenges faced by our country. The initiative was a huge success. To reiterate the efforts towards our PM’s vision, MHRD, AICTE, i4C, and Persistent Systems is proud to propose the 2nd edition of this initiative– Smart India Hackathon 2018
Till date, 45+ union ministries and departments and 18 state governments have already joined this grand initiative, making it much bigger than the previous edition. Through this initiative, govt. departments will directly engage with thousands of technical students and challenge them to build digital solutions to improve their efficiency, plug revenue leakages and corruption.
How do I register for Smart India Hackathon 2018?
- ***We strongly encourage all participating team members to begin their team registration process by downloading Smart India Hackathon SIH App from Google Play Store.
- Please note that the registration of SIH App and that of MyGov website is separate and both have to be completed.
- Registration of teams must be done by a Team Leader only.
- The registration process is pretty simple. All you need to do is…
- Visit https://innovate.mygov.in/sih2018/
- Create a login id for your team
- Fill all the required fields
- Don’t forget to click ‘Submit’
- Bingo! You are now ready to submit your application.
How should we form a team?
- There is no restriction on the number of teams participating from each Institute.
- All team members should be from same college; no inter-college teams are allowed. However, members from different branches of the same college/ institute can form a team.
- Each team would comprise of 6 members including the team leader.
- As the hackathon is digital product development competition, majority of the team members MUST be well versed with programming skills.
- Colleges MUST issue a letter on their letterhead stating the names of the team and team members.
- The team leader’s name should be clearly specified in the letter.
- Clearly communicate the email-ids and mobile numbers of all team members as well.
- The letter should bear the seal of the college/ institute along with signature of the principal/ dean/ institute director.
- A scanned copy of this letter in PDF form is to be mandatorily uploaded during online application process.
- After teams are shortlisted, each team will either be allotted 2 mentors or they will have the option of selecting them from the industry or academia.
How do we submit our idea?
- The Team Leader must make Idea submission only.
- Submission dates should be strictly followed. No exceptions will be made.
- Submission is required to be done on https://innovate.mygov.in/sih2018 in the prescribed format. The format is
available on https://innovate.mygov.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/mygov1_1509348196.pdf
- After login, fill in all the required details for submission of the idea.
- Entries to be sent only in the prescribed format; otherwise they are bound to get rejected.
- Upload the PPT in the prescribed format, stating the idea and letter from the college (as stated above) to complete the application process.
What is a selection criteria?
- Evaluation criteria will include novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format, feasibility, practicability, sustainability, scale of impact, user experience and potential for future work progression.
- Preferences will be given to entries from Northeast while selecting between two similar ideas.
When/where will the shortlisted ideas be announced?
- Notification about selected teams will be sent to their respective nodal center. You may keep a track of all the latest notifications and updates about the event through Smart India Hackathon SIH App.
- Be available for meetings and training during the preparation phase; will be notified in advance
General information regarding the Grand Finale
- If a team is selected for the final Hackathon, members will need to travel to the assigned center which can be anywhere in India.
- Selected teams will be allowed to have 2 seniors as mentors. Mentors can be professors/teachers/ experienced professionals from industry. On selection, total team size will be (6+2).
- Each college/institute will be responsible for the travel and accommodation of their teams for the finale.
- Each college/institute will issue a stamped photo ID to each member of the teams selected.
- College photo ID is mandatory for participating in the finale.
What are the prizes to be won?
- Prizes for the top winners under different categories are
- 1st prize – Rs.1,00,000/-
- 1st runner up – Rs.75,000/-
- 2nd runner up – Rs.50,000/-
- Intellectual property (IP) of the idea would belong to the college/institute and the team members jointly. However, team members will make their product available for free for the government institution for which they are working.
- Selected ideas need to be further developed so that they can be productized before the government institution(s) will be able to utilize it; more efforts beyond the finale are required from the selected teamsthereafter.
For any queries :
Call- 020 67036243/ 020 67035788 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5 pm)