What is Swachhathon 1.0
Swachhathon 1.0 – Swachhata Hackathon is an attempt to crowd source solutions for some of the pressing problems faced by the country in Sanitation and Hygiene. MoDWS invites students from schools and colleges, professionals, organizations, startups and others to come up with exciting, innovative, novel and viable solutions in the categories mentioned below –
- The hackathon is an open for all (including international entries).
- Entries can be submitted by individuals/ group of individuals/organizations including start-ups.A team can consist of maximum 10 participants.
- Participation is open for all age groups.
Structure of the Program
• Round 1 - The participants will be required to submit their entries in the respective categories in MyGov portal.The entries need to be submitted by clicking the icon of the category the participant wishes to contribute to. Care must be taken not to upload files in excess of file size specified.The submissions will be reviewed by a panel of domain experts. Last date for submission of entries is August 25th ,2017.
• Round-2 –The selected participants from Round 1 entering Round-2 will be required to present their idea/solution in form of a prototype, if the category demands live demonstration. 10 entries in each category of problem will be selected for participation in Round 2. This round is proposed to be held on 7th September, 2017. The venue for the Round-2 will be in Delhi .
Pre-requisites for the round:
a. Write up about the proposal.
b. Video demonstration of their prototype/ live demonstration (depending on category to be specified shortly) wherever necessary.Videos of maximum 10 minutes are to be uploaded on www.youtube.com and the link to the same must be shared in the application form.
The submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts.
• Finals- The final list of selected participants have to give a short presentation along with showcasing their prototype/ strategy before a jury consisting ofpanel of experts. Based on the cumulative assessment of the above rounds, the winners will be announced for each category on 8th September, 2017. The venue for the finals will be in Delhi.
Dates to Remember
Opening of Portal for registration
Last date of Submission
- Create an account on MyGov https://www.mygov.in
- Go to website https://innovate.mygov.in and click on the "SWACCHATHON 1.0" icon. This will direct you to contest page
- On the "SWACCHATHON 1.0" contest page, scroll to the participate section and click on “Login to Participate”. Enter the login credentials and you’ll be redirected to home page of website https://innovate.mygov.in
- Click on the " SWACCHATHON 1.0" icon AGAIN to be redirected to contest webpage
- On the "SWACCHATHON 1.0" contest page, click the category in which the participant wishes to submit entry. Fill the fields specified in the form, keeping in mind the word limit.
- You are advised to fill the answers to the questions. The answers should be clear and precise. Do NOT provide generic answers
- Verify all the fields before submitting the form. You will not be allowed to make any edits post your submission.
- Upon successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email.
- For any additional information, you will be contacted via email.
- All correspondence shall be through email provided by you at the time of registration. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures.
Note: All members of the team must have a MyGov account to receive emails from organizers.
The evaluation will be based on the evaluation framework designed by MoDWS.The evaluation panel will comprise of stalwarts from Professional and Domain experts. Participants will be evaluated on the originality of the solution, utility, cost-effectiveness, ease of maintenance, sustainability, scalability and environment-friendliness.
There are three awards for each category:
First Prize: Rs 3,00,000
Second Prize: Rs 1,50,000
Third Prize: Rs 50,000
There are special category Awards for exemplary submissions by Schools
General Guidelines, Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to participants of all nationalities.
- The decision of Panel of Experts will be final and binding.
- MoDWS will provide logistical arrangements (travel and accommodation) for only one individual in case of group/organization selected for Round 2 and Round 3.
- By making a submission in the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent or other intellectual property right. Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and/or approvals prior to participation.
- The participants agree that no information submitted by the participants will be treated by MoDWS as confidential.
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation does not claim ownership over Intellectual Property Right (IPR) for the Innovation that is sent to us by submitting an application. The IPR shall remain with the applicant at all times. However, we request you to not include any information that you may not want to share publicly.
- Each Participant hereby grant MoDWS a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, and royalty-free right and license to publish their project reports, designs and other information submitted, or any portion or modification thereof, in connection with MoDWS for technical or marketing publications, advertisements or promotional activities. MoDWS reserves the right to publish the designs.
- No licenses under any technology, trade secrets, “know-how”, or any copyrights, patents, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of MoDWS are granted to participants under the contest.
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release MoDWS from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from (i) an exclusion or disqualification of such participant pursuant to these rules; (ii) late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize; (iii) forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner; (iv) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries; (v) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (vi) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (vii) any condition caused by events beyond MoDWS’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and (viii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to participation in this Contest.
- MoDWS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or (temporarily) suspend, change the Terms and Conditions of the contest at any time without prior notice where required. In addition, MoDWS at its sole discretion may disqualify any participant at any stage of the contest without being required to specify any reasons in that regard.
Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures.
For any queries, please send mail at: swacchathon1[dot]mdws[at]gov[dot]in
MoDWS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall MoDWS or any other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.