The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the guidance of Hon'ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, is organizing the first Global AI Summit in India (RAISE 2020), "RESPONSIBLE AI FOR SOCIAL EMPOWERMENT" with a focus on AI for Social Transformation, Inclusion, and Empowerment.
At Global AI Summit (RAISE 2020), we are excited to bring together the innovators, investors and collaborators of the technology that will power the future. With the vision of providing all possible opportunities for entrepreneurs to pitch, partner and project their products or solutions, RAISE 2020 will have three key opportunities exclusively for the leaders of tomorrow.
"AI Startup Pitchfest" will be an exclusive closed door pitching for a select few before the best of investor community and potential customers. "AI Startup Theater" will provide one of its kind opportunity for select startups to showcase their offering at the centerstage of a premium and one of its kind summits globally. We would be institutionalizing AI Startup Awards to recognize the potentially high impact champion startups for using AI as a solution and enabler.
The RAISE 2020 offers AI startups across the Globe a platform to connect, showcase, share their expertise and exchange ideas with eminent Venture Capitalists, distinguished Global Leaders and decision makers from the Government.
We invite AI start-ups to bring in the innovation and expertise to solve everyday challenges in India.
AI Startup Pitchfest is going to one of the world's leading hub for AI startups-investors-enterprises networking and pitching for investment or looking for targeted customers. AI Startup Pitchfest offers exclusive opportunity for startups to showcase their products, expertise and network with global investors. The highly curated pitching competition will provide a unique opportunity for the select startups to have on-board renowned investors not just as financial but also as business partners.
The AI Startup Theater will provide a platform for identified startups to exhibit, interact and network with summit delegates in an open space at one common place. At AI Startup Theater, the centerstage is all yours and the best minds of the world in the field of AI present at the summit will be your audience. This will provide an opportunity for the startups to expose themselves to a much wider audience within a short duration of time.
AI Startup Awards will be given to identified startups in the field of Artificial Intelligence for excellence in identified sectors. The Awards seek to recognize and felicitate startups pioneering, developing, harnessing and exploiting AI to empower everyday solutions.
Entries are invited from Start-ups for AI Pitchfest, AI Startup Theater and AI Startup Awards across following categories:
- Education & Skilling
- Smart Mobility and Infrastructure
- Future of Work
- R&D and Academia
26th February 2020 to 15th May 2020 (6 PM IST)
Communication of final schedule to shortlisted entities:
31st August 2020
Startup Event dates:
4th, 5th and 6th October 2020
- There is one common application for AI Startup Pitchfest, AI Startup Theater and AI Startup Awards.
- As part of application process, the startups can choose to apply for either one or both the events. However, it will be at the sole discretion of the evaluation committee of the organizers to shortlist the startups for each of the events. The startups will be duly informed in advance of the event(s) they have been shortlisted for.
- Only one application per startup will be considered (application which has been submitted first).
- It is essential for the selected startups to be present physically for the respective event to be considered as a valid participant.
- There are no application or participation charges, however, the startups will be responsible for all their travel and logistics arrangements.
- The decision and guidelines with respect to this event will be final and binding at the sole discretion of the organizers
- Any false information provided within the context of AI Start-up Events by any entity concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right, or non-compliance with these rules or any terms and conditions or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entity from the Awards process.
- The decisions of the Jury and the implementation committee shall be final and binding. At the discretion of the jury , awards may not be presented in any Sector or Sub sector, if a deserving entity is not found.
Event Specific Guidelines
While the detailed guidelines for each event shall be issued in due course, the broader guidelines are as under:
AI Startup Pitchfest
- It will be a closed door pitching wherein each select startup will pitch before a group of investors.
- Tentatively the pitch duration for each pitching startup will be 10 minutes for pitch and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- The pitch schedule shall be pre-informed to the select startups and will be fixed. Any change/ missed pitch may lead to cancellation of pitch.
- There will also be one-to-one networking opportunity for pitching startups at the sole discretion of the participating investors. A separate matchmaking process will be communicated for the same in due course.
- The offers/ decision of investors will be at their sole discretion and this event does not guarantee any investment. All decisions with respect to investment will be at sole discretion of the investors only.
AI Startup Theater
- This will be an open arena showcase of products/ services by the select startups.
- Each select startup will get 10 minutes to showcase their product or service at the centerstage before the participants of RAISE 2020 followed by a 5 min Q&A. Since this will be open arena, the audience will be unrestricted. Considering the scale of the event, all questions and answers cannot be dealt with on the stage and will need to be dealt in private by the startup.
- All the presentation decks (if any) will be obtained in advance from all participating startups and the same shall be projected for the showcase. Startups will not be permitted to load a new pitch deck on the day of the event.
- The detailed schedule for each showcase shall be pre-informed to the select startups and will be fixed. Any change/ missed pitch may lead to cancellation of pitch.
AI Startup Awards
- Each sector category in the awards will have 2 winners- The most innovative startup and the startup with highest social impact.
- Technical evaluation committee will nominate the startups for each category.
- The final selection of the awardee will be at the sole discretion of the jury of AI Startup Awards.
- The jury can also call for presentation/ pitch deck.