National Youth Award is conferred on young men and women and voluntary organization every year in recognition of their outstanding work in the field of national development and social service. Submission will be start on 5th November, 2021 and the last date of submission will be 19th November, 2021
Objectives of the award
- To motivate young persons (aged between 15 – 29 years) to achieve excellence in the field of national development or social service.
- To encourage young people to develop a sense of responsibility to the community and thus to improve their own personal potential as good citizens.
- To give recognition to the outstanding work done by voluntary organizations working with the youth for national development and / or social service.
Description of the award
- The award shall be given for identifiable excellent work for youth in different fields of development activities and social service such as health, research and innovation, culture, promotion of human rights, art and literature, tourism, traditional medicine, active citizenship, community service, sports and academic excellence & smart learning.
- The number of awards in individual category: up to 25
- Up to 10 awards for youth organization
- Individual Award: Medal, Certificate & Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Award to Voluntary Youth Organizations: Medal, Certificate & Rs. 3,00,000/-
- The individuals will receive the award in their traditional attire.
Conditions of Eligibility
- He/She must be a citizen of India.
- He/She should be between the ages of 15 – 29 years as on 01.01.2021
- He/She should have done extra-ordinary identifiable social work.
- The award will be conferred once in a lifetime.
- Persons employed in any government service i.e. with the Central/State Governments, PSUs/Universities, Colleges/Schools, etc. are not eligible for the award
- Participant is to make sure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated since Department of Youth Affairs would be using this for further communication. This includes details such as name, photo and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- Be registered under the Registration of Societies Act, 1860 (Act XXII of 1860) for the last three years or under corresponding State Act and have proper constitution or Articles of Association;
- Have a properly constituted managing body with its powers and duties clearly defined in its constitution;
- Be in a position to secure involvement on a voluntary basis, of knowledgeable persons for furtherance of its programmes;
- Should be a non-profit organization;
- Should not have discriminated against any person or group of persons on the ground of sex, religion, caste or creed;
- Have rendered extra-ordinary service involving the Youth in the relevant field for at least three years;
- Have a good reputation among the local community/area; and
- Should not have been conferred with this award earlier.
Signature Image :
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred). Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
Submission of Proposals
- The application forms for National Youth Awards (individual and Organisation) are available on https://innovate.mygov.in
- The Selection Committee will be vested with powers to select suo-moto any candidate for being considered for the award.
- Nomination along with supporting documents must be sent in the prescribed format, either in Hindi or English only. Nominations received in other language will not be entertained.
- • Documents to be uploaded by the applicants in support of Work Done/ Achievement for the period of 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2020
- The proposals are being called through online mode only, any mode other than MyGov portal will not considered.
Selection of Awardees
- Screening Committee: Six member Committee under the Chairmanship of Joint Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, Government of India will screen all the applications and propose the names of the awardees thrice the number of awards to be given.
- Selection Committee: Eight member Central Selection Committee headed by Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs will scrutinize all the recommendations of the Screening Committee and make the final selection of the Youth Awards. The Central Selection Committee will also have powers to consider any other case based on the merits.
Presentation of the Award
Presentation of the award shall be made at a special ceremony on a convenient date and time tobe announced every year.
- The awardees shall be invited to receive the award in persons.
- The awardees would be given TA / DA by AC 2-tier return rail fare and arrangements for their stay would be made by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Differently abled awardees are entitled to travel along with an escort. Escorts will also be given TA/DA at par with the awardees.
Awardees from Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, North-Eastern region (including Sikkim) and Jammu & Kashmir may be allowed air fare on both ways to the nearest airport of the venue of the award.
The Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is competent to amend this code at its discretion without any prior notice whatsoever.
- Necessary funds for the awards and for all expenses incidental thereto as approved by the Government shall be provided by Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports will be final and binding on all concerned.
- The secretariat for the award shall be provided by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures. For any queries, please send mail at: npyadsection1[at]gmail[dot]com