Tribal youths are talented in many sports, but proper linkage / mechanism to spot such talent and nurture them are missing. An app could be developed to bridge this gap. Any tribal youth interested in sports may upload basic details like sports specialisation/ interest area, gender, age, district, state which will enable them to locate the opportunities available for which he/she is eligible for. The Sports Authorities could also reach out to these individuals for providing them advanced training or any other support.
Smart India Hackathon 2018
There is rich tribal heritage and culture including language, dialect, cuisine, flora & fauna, religious practices related to child birth, pregnancy, marriage, death, festivals etc., dance, music, art & craft, folklores etc. Young people could be encouraged to document this through an attractively designed mobile App. This could be linked to the Tribal Heritage Repository being developed by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (http://tribal.nic.in/repository)
8. Availability of health care providers in tribal areas is a big challenge and the tribals have to rely on local quacks or traditional healers for anything ranging from common diseases to life threatening diseases. Small videos by highly qualified doctors, prepared or dubbed in local tribal languages, could be part of an App with proper animations etc.
7. Statistical analysis of ST data is highly needed and is a pre-requisite for any policy decision and plan formulation for the welfare of STs. Data on STs are available in multiple sources like Census, MIS of various schemes of line Ministries, and statistical reports etc. An integrated web-based application could be developed to combine data related to STs from multiple sources and present it in an easy-to-use format.
6. Knowledge about available laws protecting ST from atrocities is very low – App could be developed to provide relevant information to STs so that they can take help from the available laws protecting them from atrocities and subjugation. This App would also help in simplifying or decoding legal language of the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 through a user-friendly interactive interface. Other relevant laws could also be added.
5. MoTA promotes tribal education through multiple interventions viz. Ekalavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs), ashram schools and hostels for boys and girls across India. There are many ST parents who have little idea about the location of these school and hostels, number of seats available, eligibility criteria etc. and hence not clear about where to get their children enrolled. An app could be developed to help such parents locate the tribal schools, hostels (availability, vacant seats), information about the admission procedure, eligibility etc. based on their choice of location.
Minuscule use of eco-tourism potential of tribals and in tribal areas – An app may be developed to promote tourism in Tribal areas by tribal people. Any tribal can use this to promote their locality, business venture in tribal areas/ village. Local homestays, tribal tours, cultural performances could be promoted. Unexplored Bastar (www.unexploredbastar.com), Slum Gods of Dharavi (www.slumgods.in), etc. are some examples.
3. Low awareness about other schemes among FRA title holders- The right holders under FRA are also entitled to benefits under various other schemes and programmes of the Government. However owing to low awareness many right holders have not been able to avail these benefits. An app could be developed to quickly identify and inform the FRA right holders about all such schemes/programmes whose benefits they are entitled to.
2. There is a disconnect between artisans having local/traditional skills and the government institutions established to support them. A mobile app could be developed to link the local artisans with the agencies of MoTA (TRIFED, NSTFDC and their state counterparts) who have provisions to support them. Artisans can upload their profile including the skill possessed, pictures and videos of their art etc. Based on these profiles the agencies of MoTA could reach out to them with regard to skill up-gradation training, branding, marketing support etc. The artisans could also post queries, request for support in areas like training, marketing, branding etc. which could be addressed by the agencies.
ST community in general and students in particular are less aware about the benefits that they can avail from existing schemes/ programmes of MoTA. An app may be developed to guide the user regarding their entitlements based on their profile. For e.g. A student can use by providing basic details like their category (ST), gender, age, district, State, parental income through which he/she may be able to identify the benefits from the schemes of the MoTA (scholarships, hostels, fellowships etc.) for which he/she is entitled to. Farmers can use the app for increasing their farm productivity by availing benefits from various ongoing schemes of MoTA in a click. Based on their profile information (land size, its nature, location etc.) a list of entitlement from various schemes of MoTA could be made accessible through the mobile app. These could be linked to Digital Locker also.
For any queries :
Call- 020 67036243/ 020 67035788 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5 pm)