Sustainable power solution with affordable infrastructure
This project describes alternate method of generating solar electrical energy by mounting solar panels on paving bricks. Electricity is generated when sun rays falls on the solar panels which can be combined and then stored in a battery. I have tested weight load of 200-250kg and found that the brick can withstand the load. This can be implemented in pedestrian paths, parking area which can generate electricity for street lights or can be fed into the grid.
- Effective area utilization
- Strong and rigid can withstand vehicle/human weight up to 250kg
- No need of separate solar installation setup
- Can be easily removed and assembled to an existing footpath
- Shading loss is less compared to conventional solar panels ( As \"Bypass\" diodes are connected along with series combination of bricks)
- Wiring is difficult as each tile has to be combined to produce higher amount of electricity
- Maintenance is difficult compared to conventional systems
- Can be used in gardens to generate electricity.
- Can be used in footpaths or cycle paths to generate power which can be used to power street lights or can be fed to power distribution grid.
- Attaching transparent Epoxy along with the glass to the solar cells can improve the weight handling capacity.
- Cooling can be provided by keeping a layer of metal filled with oil which acts as heat sink. ( This in turn increases power output)
Today’s demand for electrical energy is increasing which pushes new innovations in renewable clean energy sector. There are many methods of harvesting energy from sun. Solar photo voltaic power generation is one among them. I have demonstrated one of alternative way to harvest solar energy. Further research is needed in increasing efficiency, durability and sustainability. As i have already indicated in “future improvement” section further improvements can be carried out which can play a major role in renewable energy sector.