Gardening is very interesting, so I thought about making a project in gardening. Nowadays smart garden systems are very popular because people enjoy them. However my challenge is to make the project very simple so that anyone can try this at home or office.
I want to start gardening, but I knew I wouldn’t keep up the regular schedule of watering the plants and making sure that they remain healthy. So, I recruited a micro-controller and suite of sensors to help with these tasks. Watering is the most important cultural practice and most labour intensive task in daily gardening operation. Watering systems ease the burden of getting water to plants when they need it. Knowing when and how much to water is two important aspects of watering process. To make the gardener works easy, the automatic plant watering system is created.
Smart Garden is a plant environmental monitoring system. It monitors the soil moisture, air temperature, and air humidity of your plant(s) and automatically waters the plant based on the data received by sensors. Thing-speak and Blynk application is used to view those sensor data from remote location. With the help of Blynk app, notification service can also be added.
The system is very easy because Arduino and its sensors are easy to use and buy.
1. Soil Moisture Sensor: It is very popular. By using it, I can make the water system automatic. When soil needs water, it can water it.
2. Temperature and Humidity Sensor: Right temperature is very important for gardening to grow good plants. Using this sensor I am able to know the temperature easily. If the temperature lowers, I can easily connect any powerful light with relay and can make the temperature perfect for plants.
3. LDR (photoresistor): This sensor can show the light condition of garden.
4. Using a display, I can see every senor data easily.
5. The most interesting thing is that I can power the Arduino and sensor using SOLAR because Arduino works in low power.