The idea of the project is an all terrain, all weather, electric remote controlled vehicle to perform agricultural activities like tilling, seeding, watering, fertilizer dispersing, etc. and can suit small scale crops . The vehicle consists of a battery power source which can be charged by solar or conventional sources and hence it is green. It is provided with mechanisms for the above mentioned agricultural activities which can be controlled remotely. The vehicle is expected to complement if not replace tiresome agricultural labour. Currently there is a shortage of agricultural labour in India due to poor wages and poor working conditions. Many skilled youth are moving to urban centers in search of technical jobs and so there is an acute shortage of agricultural labour. Our robotic robot is cheap and simple enough for farmers to deploy them to small scale crops and achieve a decent degree of automation which can greatly replace manual labour if used as a small swarm of three to four units.The robot has the following advantages:
• The proposed system is versatile, covering three agricultural operations on the same platform namely – tilling / ploughing, seeding, irrigation.
• The proposed robot is cost effective and cheaper.
• The proposed robot is based on a simpler organization and is relatively simple to manufacture.
• Compact in size.
• Remote controlled operation involving very little manual intervention.
• Assembled using Off the Shelf components and hence no need for custom manufacture of critical components.
• The robot is powered by a battery which can be recharged with renewable energy sources like solar panels and hence it is pollution free.