Rohera Inc. is in the business of innovating and designing environment friendly technologies in Automotive space. The company has developed a patented technology for Electric Vehicle, viz; “Power generating system and its method for an EV.”
The company intends to change how world travels by designing, manufacturing and licensing technology for electric vehicles which are efficient, affordable and environment friendly.
The patented technology can eliminate the need for external charging stations for electric vehicle by compiling energies by 9 different methods from 5 different energy sources in various permutations and combinations within and outside the vehicle. The patented technology is termed as “NOVEL” by WIPO.
Limitations of conventional Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV)
1. Require charging infrastructure thus huge investments. India currently has roughly around 250 charging stations, concentrated only in few metro cities.
2. Limited to a certain range on single charge. Average range is around 180 Km on a single charge. Tesla offers 300 Km in single charge.
3. Increasing the range would require additional battery packs which are expensive, thus reducing the economic viability and overall value proposition of the vehicle.
4. Charging time is significantly higher. Other than Tesla’s proprietary Supercharger technology, all other BEV’s take on an average 6-10 hours for charging. Conventional vehicles (IC Engine) require less than 5 minutes for refuelling.
5. The charging station draws power from conventional sources of electricity, like thermal power plants. Hence the BEV technology is actually NOT entirely GREEN.
Rohera Electric Vehicle System
Rohera INC had come up with a patented technology to address the mentioned limitations and offer more.
The Rohera Electric Vehicle System (REVS) would offer:
1. Unlimited range without external charging
2. Automated Internal charging
3. In case of a battery breakdown, Turbo-Charge up to 50% in less than 60 Seconds.
4. No requirement of charging infrastructure
5. Reduced carbon footprint as the dependency on conventional sources of electricity is entirely eliminated.
REVS recharge the storage device through alternate sources within the vehicle. The storage device itself is a patented technology “HPP” (Inventor Mr. Hemant Rohera) under Rohera Emerging Energies Pvt. Ltd.
Use of HPP ensures:
1. The life of battery is substantially increased by reducing load on dry cells while charging / discharging cycles
2. 40%-50% of storage is charged within a minute.
Moreover, HPP also ensures that the energy captured by the 9 methods is substantially more than the energy consumed for operating the vehicle.