An IoT based device is lot more expensive than non IoT device (For eg: A simple wifi/bluetooth wireless electric bulb is costs *minimum price of Rs. 1500 to 2000 (reference:online shopping sites...please visit the shopping sites for verification)).To solve this problem i have designed a remote appliances control system (PROTOTYPE) where a user can connect any readily available (low cost) appliances and control it remotely using 2G/3G/4G network from anywhere in the world by using the android application or by the voice command and get the real status of the appliances at any instant.***The main part of the project is the feedback. Since the user may be communicating and controlling the appliances present in the remote location and may not be physically present in the same location where the device is located, the user cannot see the whether the device is functioning/working properly or not with their naked eye . To overcome this problem i have introduced the concept of feedback to detect the real status of the device at remote location and convey the information to user who is far away from the device.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROTOTYPE:
1. The system has 16 sockets to which a user can connect 16 similar or different appliances.
2. The appliances can controlled by using voice command as well as by using android application.
3. The system also consists of digital energy meter for calculation of total energy consumed by the system. Whenever there is a request for displaying the consumption values the total value of energy consumed along with cost is passed to the user and displayed in android application.
4. The android app installed in a smartphone has a smart switch icon that must be pressed to turn on/off any appliances connected to the sockets.
5. The feedback page in an android application displays time, date, username, trigger status and device status. Also the cost and energy consumption (Fresh theoretical value) by the device connected to each and every particular socket is calculated and displayed for every socket as a feedback information.
6. The total energy consumption by the system (practical value) and its cost is calculated and is passed to the user.
7. User can self estimate the amount of energy consumed in a particular day or in a particular month by viewing a page named "overall information" in the android application.