AUTOMATIC ELECTRICITY BILL GENERATION USING ARDUINO
The innovation mainly focuses the rural people,where the electricity office is far away from the residential area. Our project has the following components involved,
- GSM SIM 900A
- Electricity meter
- A SIM
The Arduino gets the input from the electricity meter about the meter reading. The amount for the unit consumption of electricity is programmed in the Arduino. Now it automatically calculates the amount for the fed reading from the electricity meter and sends the whole in the form of text message with the help of GSM to the house owner's Mobile number in the programmed text language.(This language can be changed across the country with respect to the regionality). This enables the users to
- Be alert of the electricity consumption
- Easily pay the bill
- If the user is in urban areas , this enables them to pay the fees at that instant through online transactions
- Time saving
- Electricity saving.
- Less manpower
In the near future the project will be developed in such a way that the reading with the bill amount will be sent to the central server of the electricity board , thereby helping them to stay alert. Nowadays, people in rural areas also has the basic set of mobile phones.
This project if implemented will serve a great purpose for the electricity board of India as well as the people.
- Posted by : NITHESH
- Current stage of innovation : Prototype Stage
- Source : Through Experience
- Sponsored by : Self-Funded
- Sector :Rural Support InnovationDay-to-Day life
- Technical Intervention :Other