In line with the vision of the Hon'ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, Entrepreneurs are the base of social change that India aspires for and their efforts will lay the foundation for a New India, fill in the gaps in solutions required by the people and help build the base for constructing the economic structure of a powerful India.
It's the endeavour of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises to enable MSMEs to put on their thinking caps and create innovative solutions while looking out for local solutions to the local problems, that could be the generation leap India needs, to transform its social, cultural and economic ecosystem into a world leader.
Ideas for New India are being invited from Innovators, Start- Ups, Technocrats, Students, and MSMEs from all over India under the scheme of the Office of Development Commissioner – MSME, for 'Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs through Incubators'.
The Incubators / Host Institutions (HI) approved for the scheme will be supported by the Office of DC-MSME. Incubatees selected ideas will be provided funding support upto Rs. 15 lakhs per approved idea, through the business Incubators chosen by them.
Ideas received as fully completed applications till 20th February 2020, will be considered for Incubation support under the scheme. For scheme guidelines please click here
Registrations for whom
Innovators, Start- Ups, Technocrats, Students, MSMEs and any other person who has innovative business ideas.
Tentative Time Line of the Challenge
- Release of Registration Link: 30th January 2020
- Sensitization / Consultative Workshop for HI/BI : 30th January 2020
- Campaign : 30th January 2020 – 20th Feb 2020
- Scrutiny and Shortlisting of Applications: 5th Feb 2020-28th Feb 2020
- Selection & Announcement : 22nd Feb 2020 – 29th Feb 2020
The Ideas could be around solving local problems from any area, however, suggested areas for the challenge are:
Hon'ble Prime Minister identified following focus areas for ideas:
- Water Recycling Technologies
- Recycling of waste water from household
- Development of low water intensive seeds
- To control leakage in supply chain
- Alternatives of Plastic
- Management of E- waste management
- Usage of crop residue
- Encouragement of bio-fuel usage
- Cost effective technologies for potable water
- Development of medical devices and Environment friendly vehicles under Make In India
Besides any of the following areas may also be selected for ideas submission
- Agricultural Aids for Mechanization and boosting Yield
- Agro Processing, Preserving & Packaging
- Environment, Water, Sanitation, Waste & Recycling Management
- Renewable Energy, EVs & Green Transportation
- Technology & Devices for Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment & Rehabilitation of illness.
- Energy Efficiency & Automation for Industrial Manufacturing
- Infrastructure & Energy Efficient Housing
- Security, UAVs, Disaster Management & Defence
- Aeronautics Aerospace & Defence
- Airport Operations
- Architecture Interior Design
- Art & Photography
- Computer Vision
- Food & Beverages
- Green Technology
- Enterprise Software
- Non- Renewable Energy
- Healthcare & Lifesciences
- Internet Of Things
- Media & Entertainment
- Renewable Energy
- Textiles & Apparel
- Transportation & Storage
- Technology Hardware
- Telecommunication & Networking
- Waste Management
Selected Ideas will get the following through the Host Incubator
- Incubation Support
- Seed Funding of upto 15 lakhs
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants must complete and submit the application in its entirety with all required enclosures , to be considered for acceptance as a Participant in the challenge. Incomplete and unsubstantiated applications will not be reviewed and will not be evaluated.
- BASIC CRITERIA
The applicant should be able to meet the following basic criteria to gain acceptance into the program:
- The applicant should be ready to setup or already having a small start-up /business.
- The applicant should be able to articulate the business model and conduct the entrepreneurial opportunity.
All information sent by the applicant is subject to verification available on public domain and the incubatee agrees to furnish the facts as demanded from time to time for any significant variations noticed and communicated by the incubation centre or the NMIU.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you hereby warrant and represent the following:
- You are the exclusive owner and sole author of the Idea, such that the Idea is your original creative work and your submission thereof will not infringe, misappropriate or violate the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party; and/or you have obtained prior written authorization to act on behalf of any co-creators of the Idea;
- Neither your execution of this agreement nor your participation of in the Promotion, including your submission of the Idea, will conflict with or violate any term or condition of any other agreement to which you are a party, including but not limited to any union or guild regulation;
- There are no threatened, pending or current claims, actions or lawsuits in connection with the Idea and you agree to notify the Implementing Agency, immediate upon your notification of any such claims, actions or suits;
- You are submitting the Idea voluntarily on a non-confidential basis;
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age; and a citizen of India
- You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement, and you agree to abide and be bound the terms and conditions herein.
You agree that the decision of the competent authority and its committees in selecting and awarding the Ideas shall be final and no discussion or correspondence shall be entertained in this matter.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Sending in your Entry, or submission of the Idea, in no way grants / transfers any rights therein or otherwise to us or the Incubators. You are requested to register the copyright / patent of any intellectual property before submission to protect your rights under applicable copyright / IP laws. You are solely responsible for protecting your rights in the Idea and while you retain the ownership and all rights to the Entry itself, we will be free to use the entry, photos, creative materials submitted of the idea, as well as any other information or collaterals for Promotion.
The Selected start-up company / Incubatee will be hosted and seeded in the incubator for a period of 1 year, for which a part of the grant will be utilised. Two further extensions can be granted for 6 months each at a time, at the sole discretion of incubation centre, at an overhead cost which shall be directly borne by the Incubatee.
The Start-up company/Incubatee will be required to leave the incubator under the following circumstances:
- After the completion of the Incubation including extended incubation period, if any.
- Underperformance or in-ability to perform business as evaluated and decided by incubation centre on case to case basis.
- Violation of any Statue, rules and regulations of incubation centre in the opinion of incubation centre & Mentors allocated on case to case basis.
- Number of employees of the incubatee exceeds 10.
- When the annual gross revenues of the incubatee (excluding all the taxes) exceeds Rs. 1 crore or the Net Profit After Tax exceeds Rs. Ten lakhs. Capital cash flow exceeding Rs 1 crore, in the opinion of incubation centre on case to case basis.
- When the start up / enterprise / company enters in an acquisition, merger or amalgamation deal or reorganization deal resulting in a substantial change in the profile of the company, its promoters, directors, shareholders, products or business plan
- Please note that the Short Film must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- The Short Film must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content since the short film is intended for viewing by all age groups.
- Evalaution of shortlisted candidates will be evaluated and if necessary a presentation will be called for.
- Incubators may evaluate and select 10 ideas, but the final approval may be given on 20th. Februrary 2020.
- Participants are expected to put their names in each document submitting on portal.
Both incubators and incubatees shall be bound by overall guidelines of the scheme namely support for Entrepreneurs and Manegerial Development for MSME's through Incubators.
- This Contest is open to MSMEs, Indian start ups, Indian Companies, Students/Developers/Professionals/Community members
- Participant(s) must be of minimum 18-years.
- Students of 3rd & 4th year of undergraduate, graduate, post graduates of professional courses as well as Researchers of are allowed. Documentary proof has to be submitted at the time of presentation.
- MSMEs/StartUps/Companies/Student StartUps must provide originals of their documents and registration Certificates during presentation.
- An applicant can apply for one idea only and can submit only one project.