Public Consultation On Data Protection Framework for India
1. The Government of India has constituted an Expert Committee under the Chairmanship of Justice B.N. Srikrishna, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India comprising of members from Government, Academia and Industry to study and identify key data protection issues and recommend methods for addressing them. The Committee has put out a White Paper on Data Protection Framework for India and has sought public comments. Submission of responses to the White Paper will be received till 31st January, 2018 preferably through the website: https://innovate.mygov.in/data-protection-in-india.
2. The Committee has also decided to conduct stakeholders’ consultation meetings at various cities as per below schedule. Organisation/People who are interested to participate in the below stakeholders’ consultation meeting are requested to kindly note the date, time and venue at the respective cities and are invited for the same. They are also requested to register for the meeting at https://innovate.mygov.in.
- One organization may depute maximum three representatives.
- Email confirmation for participation will be sent to participants. Participants is required to produce the same at venue for proof with a valid ID card.
- 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM - The registration will be done.