Global Cyber Challenge is an important part of Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS), 2017 being inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. The Grand Finale will be organized at GCCS 2017, New Delhi on 20th& 21st November 2017.
The Global Cyber Challenge is a collaborative effort of Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF) and Policy Perspectives Foundation (PPF), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), MyGov and National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Center (NCIIPC)
The contest is open to participants from India and abroad.
Global Cyber Challenge comprises of two contests namely Capture the Flag Event and Peace-a-Thon. The participation can take place in either or both the contests.
CAPTURE THE FLAG
Capture the Flag is a cyber-security competition where students, professionals and researchers across the globe can participate and can prove their cyber-security skills. Participants/ teams are presented with puzzles, programs with security vulnerabilities or systems to break in to. Embedded in the puzzle, program or system, is a “secret key” or “flag”. Finding the flag is proof that you solved the puzzle and submitting it to the scoreboard earns your points. Flags are typically chosen to look very distinctive so that when you see one, you’ll know it’s a flag, and you’ve solved the puzzle.
- The contest is open for citizens of all the Nations.
- They can be individuals or teams comprising maximum of 3 members.
Registration for National and International Participants
- All individuals and teams interested in participating in the Capture The Flag (CTF) are advised to register as a Hackathon contestant at the GCCS 2017 Official website : https://gccs2017.in/preregistration
- Teams are advised to visit https://innovate.mygov.in/cyber-challenge/ to participate.
- Participants can also log in using your G+ or Facebook or Twitter Account, and can skip entering mobile number by selecting Later.
- Click on the “CAPTURE THE FLAG” for registration, details and participation.
- Details of vulnerabilities and reporting of the same will be notified to participants through email.
CTF IT Challenge and Reporting Details
- A different platform will be provided where participants/teams have to register separately and information will be conveyed through mail.
- How to Play:- Playing instruction will be provided on CTF platform home page at www.cyberchallenge.tech
CTF OT Challenge and Reporting Details
- All registered participants should log in via VPN connection to OT CTF system with the credentials and specific slot provided to them by the organisers.
- OT CTF system is a non-hardened live industrial control system (ICS) with planted vulnerabilities. Participants need to secure and safeguard themselves against any cyber-attack once they are connected on VPN. Organisers will not be responsible for any damage.
- The OT CTF competition is divided into 3 phases. Phase 1 is Reconnaissance phase which involves discovering devices and protocols connected in the OT network. Marking scheme is based on the number of devices and protocols identified by the team. Participants need to send screen shots of their findings as a proof. Phase 2 is Reading Device Values. Upon successfully entering into OT network they need to read device values/status operating in the network. Phase 3 involves modifying device values/status.
- Screen shots of captured flags (discovered devices, protocols, device reading &status) and attack methodology needs to be submitted to the organisers for all 3 phases on email@example.com the evaluation. For any query/ doubt please mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organisers reserve the right to change the slot allocated to any team/teams depending on the hardware limitations on the OT network.
Top 10 teams from India (5 from Operational Technology and 5 from Information Technology) and Top 5 international teams will compete in the grand finale which will be hosted in Room No: 3A, Marriott, Aero City New Delhi on 20-21st November, 2017. Jury will select the winners based on a pre-decided evaluation framework.
Winners in Grand finale will be awarded by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India during inaugural on November 23, 2017.
All the interested individuals and teams are also advised to complete their registrations https://gccs2017.in/preregistration as a ‘Hackathon Contestant’ so that travel and related arrangements for stay in New Delhi can be made conveniently incase team qualifies for the Grand Finale. The Grand finale will be held on Nov 20-21 in New Delhi as part of Global Conference on Cyber Space 2017.
Participation Date: Nov 14, 2017- Nov 15, 2017
- Timeslots on each day: 7 Hours - 15 Hours IST and 15:30 Hours – 23:30 Hours IST
(Participants will be notified through email on the time slots in case of any change)
- Declaration of Result: 16 Nov 2017 13:00 hours IST
- Grand Finale: 20 November - 21 November 2017
- Note: All members of the team must have a MyGov account and registration at GCCS 2017 to receive emails from organizers. Selected teams from CTF Online Challenge will will compete in the Grand finale in New Delhi, India on 20 – 21 November 2017
- Awards and certificates from Hon’ble Prime Minister of India
- Opportunity to attend Global Conference on Cyber Space- 2017 in New Delhi to meet the International and National personalities active in the Cyber world.
- Travel and stay to the finalists
- An Internship opportunity with Government of India
- Chance to deploy the solutions at Government of India, State Governments, Civil Society Organizations working to address the social problems
- Your Story will do a story on the winners and the winning teams
- Internet and Mobile Association of India will mentor the winning teams
- NOTE: Travel and stay expenses will be paid ONLY for Grand finale finalists
GENRAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they apply for all the phases.
- Participants shall provide correct & truthful information in registration and team creation.
- Participants shall keep their contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- The participants shall ensure their code is free from viruses or malware.
- The participant shall not use this contest to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- If any participant is found to have violated the term & conditions of the contest, Peace-a-Thon Team have all the right, to disqualify the participant without prior notice.
- Jury has all the rights reserved, in case of any conflict, decision of Jury shall be final.
- Global Cyber Challenge Team reserves the right to change Terms and Conditions.
- Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures.
- For any queries, please send mail at: email@example.com
Last Updated: 13 Nov 2017
Registration Form (Capture the flag)