Total Submissions : 4
- The processing level is below 10% in India, which is abysmally low compared to 50% or more in other countries.
- Ministry makes soft and hard interventions to increase processing levels but cannot measure changes in it.
- With no metric available for measuring changes in processing level, policy formulation becomes difficult. Accordingly a spread sheet model is required that can automatically estimate processing levels periodically based on a standard methodology.
- In the spread sheet model secondary data would be plugged in to calculate processing levels on a periodic basis.
- The model can be based on the methodology used by Institute of Economic Growth in their 2014 study commissioned by Ministry of Agriculture.
Sample data required: No