MeitY in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world class Apps in their respective categories. This Innovation Challenge with various cash awards and incentives of featuring Apps on Leader Boards seeks to create an ecosystem where Indian entrepreneurs and Startups are incentivised to ideate, incubate, build, nurture and sustain Tech solutions that can serve not only citizens within India but also the world.
The Mantra is to Make in India for India and the World.
The AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge is being launched in the following 8 broad categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fintech
There may be several sub categories within each category.
LIST OF SUB CATEGORIES AND PROBLEM TESTS (INDICATIVE AND NOT LIMITED TO)
- A mobile application harnessing the most accurate facial and / or body mapping technology to allow for a true-to-life virtual try out of products like spectacles, clothes, etc.
- Mobile application for real-time speech-to-speech translation and camera translation of multiple languages.
- An automated web-based application that handles business-to-business lead generation and cold emailing and is completely manageable from a mobile device itself.
- Application to use mobile devices as image scanners with features like on the fly image correction, image editing, text recognition, etc.
- Application to provide cloud storage integration, cross-platform file transfer via FTP or LAN, and a root browser on mobile device
- A robust indigenous anti-virus software for mobile devices.
- Application to optimize mobile device's performance by cleaning junk/cache files, optimizing device memory and optimizing battery usage.
- A mobile based live streaming platform for hosting webinars, lectures, etc.
- A mobile based messaging and video calling application
- A mobile based microblogging application
- A mobile based news application that uses cutting-edge technology to recommend the most relevant and interesting news individually to each use.
- A mobile application offering satellite imagery and street maps, as well as functions such as a route planner for traveling by foot, car, or with public transportation.
- A mobile based online gaming platform which also functions as a social hub for gamers
- A mobile based photo-editing application with all standard image editing features
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups will be eligible to submit their entries in various categories
INNOVATION CHALLENGE PROCESS
- The Innovation Challenge will be available on innovate.mygov.in
- The last date of submission of entry is 26th July 2020
- The applicant needs to apply only online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on MyGov portal: www.mygov.in
- Applicants are advised to provide self-contained proposals with essential supporting materials provided as uploads for an informed and fair evaluation/review.
- No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Providing incorrect information will lead to outright rejection of proposals.
- Ease of use
- Security features
There will be a two stage Selection Process:
- 1st Stage - Screening of eligible entries
- 2nd Stage - Evaluation by Jury, with actual Demo
- Jury with experts from Private Sector & Academia to Evaluate
- Shortlisted Apps to be awarded & put on Leader boards
- Government to adopt suitable Apps, guide them to maturity
|Launch of Innovation Challenge:||4th July 2020, on innovate.mygov.in|
|Last date for Submission:||26th July 2020 at 5:30 P.M|
|Screening of Entries Received||20th to 26th July 2020|
|Evaluation by the Jury||27th July to 3rd August 2020|
|Final Announcement||7th August, 2020|
Following Awards will be given in each of the Eight Categories
|First Prize||20 Lakhs|
|Second Prize||15 Lakhs|
|Third Prize||10 Lakhs|
For the purposes of evaluation, Jury may create sub categories in each category and then Apps will be classified into respective subcategories, based on functionality and evaluated. In case Sub Categories are created, the Prize Money for each sub category within each category will be as below:
|First Prize||5 Lakhs|
|Second Prize||3 Lakhs|
|Third Prize||2 Lakhs|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The contest is open to Indian Citizens only.
- The decision of the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) will be final and binding with regard to selection on all stages.
- By making a submission in the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent or other intellectual property right. Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and/or approvals prior to participation.
- The participants agree that MeitY will share information submitted by the participants as to panel experts, reviewers etc. (any information that you may not want to share publicly should not be submitted).
- Government does not claim ownership over Intellectual Property Right (IPR) for the Innovation that is sent to us by submitting an application. The IPR shall remain with the applicant at all times.
- Government reserves the right to publish the grantees information with regard to Name of the App , Brief summary, Key Functionalities , Developer Contact , Team details.
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release MeitY from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from
- an exclusion or disqualification of such participant pursuant to these rules;
- late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize;
- forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner;
- late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries;
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind;
- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond MeitY’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and
- any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to participation in this Contest.
- Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures.
- For any queries, please send mail at: email@example.com
MeitY reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall MeitY/Digital India/MyGov/NIC or any other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.