The importance of digital transformation has accelerated manifold in the last few months as Covid-19 has brought to the fore the importance of digital technologies including artificial intelligence in addressing the healthcare crisis, restarting supply chains, enabling online education and almost every aspect of the economy.
MeitY is organizing RAISE 2020 – Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020, a Global Summit on Artificial Intelligence to be held virtually from 5th Oct to 9th Oct 2020. Experts from Industry, Academia and Government from all across the world will be participating in this Global summit, which will bring together all stakeholders on Artificial Intelligence on one platform. AI has the power to solve many societal challenges and be an enabler for inclusion, there is a need to promote and identify such innovative solutions.
In order to promote and showcase such innovative AI solutions developed by Indian startups, an AI Solution Challenge is being organized for Indian startups in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Applications will be invited on Innovate Platform of MyGov and will also be promoted on MeitY Startup Hub and Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog. 15 best AI startups will be selected by a Jury comprising of experts from Industry, Academia and Government for an AI Showcase on 6th Oct 2020. This event is being planned in partnership with Industry and will give a platform to the best of AI Startups to showcase their products to the world and to VCs.
The AI Solution Challenge will be organized in the following categories:
- AI solutions for Healthcare
- AI Solutions for Education
- AI Solutions for Agriculture
- AI Solutions for Natural Language Processing
- AI Solutions for Smart Mobility and Transportation
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups will be eligible to submit their entries in various categories
AI SOLUTION CHALLENGE PROCESS
- The AI Solution Challenge will be available on innovate.mygov.in
- The last date of submission of entry is 24th Sep 2020
- The applicant needs to apply only online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on MyGov portal: www.mygov.in
- Applicants are advised to provide self-contained proposals with essential supporting materials provided as uploads for an informed and fair evaluation/review.
- No changes will be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Providing incorrect information will lead to outright rejection of proposals.
- Use of AI
- Challenge being addressed and relevance of AI
There will be a two stage Selection Process:
- 1st Stage - Screening of eligible entries
- 2nd Stage - Evaluation by Jury, with actual Demo
- Jury with experts from Industry, Academia & Government will Evaluate
- Shortlisted AI Solutions will be given an opportunity to showcase their solutions in RAISE 2020
- Top winners in each category to get cash awards of Rs 20 lakhs each
- Government to adopt suitable solutions, wherever applicable
|Launch of Innovation Challenge:||14th Sept 2020, on innovate.mygov.in|
|Last date for Submission:||24th Sept 2020 at 5:30 P.M|
|Screening of Entries Received||25th to 30th Sept 2020|
|Evaluation by the Jury||2nd & 3rd Oct 2020|
|AI Showcase in RAISE 2020||6th Oct 2020|
In each category, the best AI solution will be given a cash reward of Rs 20 lakhs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The contest is open to Indian citizens and Indian Startups only.
- The decision of the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) will be final and binding with regard to selection on all stages.
- By making a submission in the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent or other intellectual property right. Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and/or approvals prior to participation.
- The participants agree that MeitY will share information submitted by the participants as to panel experts, reviewers etc. (any information that you may not want to share publicly should not be submitted).
- Government does not claim ownership over Intellectual Property Right (IPR) for the Innovation that is sent to us by submitting an application. The IPR shall remain with the applicant at all times.
- Government reserves the right to publish the grantees information with regard to Name of the AI product , Brief summary, Key Functionalities , Developer Contact , Team details.
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release MeitY from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from
- an exclusion or disqualification of such participant pursuant to these rules;
- late or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize;
- forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner;
- late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries;
- telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind;
- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond MeitY’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and
- any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to participation in this Contest.
- Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures.
- For any queries, please send mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MeitY reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend this contest and modify the rules, prizes & funding related to the contest without prior notice. In no event shall MeitY/Digital India/MyGov/NIC or any other organizers be liable for any claims, losses, expenses or damages, arising out of or in connection with the foregoing.